Let the Western Maryland Consortium be a resource for your business when looking to fill job openings. We can assist you with the challenges of finding qualified candidates for the positions that you are hiring for. We also offer the possibility of helping to offset the costs associated with training a new employee, as well as other free services. We may just be the “missing piece” to assist you with the needs of your business!
On-the-Job Training Program
- Assists employers with the costs of training new employees by reimbursing 50% of an eligible new hire’s wage for the first few months of employment
- Eligible youth trainees qualify for 75% reimbursement of their training wage
- The business hires and trains the employee, the Consortium provides the monthly reimbursement check directly to the business
- This program is limited to full-time positions (32+ hours per week)
- Reverse Referral – the employer can refer an applicant to us to see if they meet eligibility requirements to participate in the program
“They had already spoken with the applicants and put you in touch wih people that they feel would be a good match for what you are looking for and also they contribute to the first couple months of wages while you train the employee. Yes, if I have an opportunity and I believe they may have a candidate match, they will be the first call.”
- Funk Electrical
Incumbent Worker Training
- When an employer is training their existing workforce to avert potential layoffs of employees or to increase the skill levels of employees so they can be promoted and create backfill opportunities for the business, we can offer reimbursement of training expenses
-75% of the cost is reimbursed to employers with 50 or fewer employees
-60% of the cost is reimbursed to employers with 51 to 100 employees
-50% of the cost is reimbursed to employers with 100+ employees
- A maximum of $1,000 per trained worker can be reimbursed to the employer under this policy
- Provides both employees and employers with the opportunity to build and maintain a quality workforce
To learn about this beneficial program, as well as all of the other free business services that we can offer, contact:
Eric Rollins at 301-791-3164, ext. 112
If you’re looking to hire new employees, let Western Maryland Consortium help you find the perfect candidate. We work with job seekers to enhance their skills and ensure they are career ready.
Please fill out the following form to begin the process of listing jobs through the Western Maryland Consortium.